Friday, September 28, 2007

Hello to the early-bird SPL crowd!


To those that haven't read my blog before, let me introduce myself. I'm Josh "Wookie Boy" Ellis...yes..the Adult Services computer lab geek that looks like a short, pudgy Chewbaca.

I'm posting now to welcome all of those that have started to read my blog early, and to check the ATOM & RSS features I just added.

Also, I found one or two goofy websites everyone might get a laugh out of:

1) Think Geek. It's a site filled with all sorts of goofy and somewhat nerdy goodies. Caffinated soap anyone?

2) American Science and Surplus. For those that have never heard of the local gem, it's a place the sells everything from educational toys, through military surplus, to all sorts of electronic odds and ends. It's one of those places you might wonder weather or not might actually ever visit, but one you're there, it's a real kick.

3) The Internet Archive. Have you ever wondered what Yahoo looked like back when it first started? Do you wonder how Enron's website looked like on the company closed forever? You can the answers to both questions, and much more, on The Internet Archive. They have snapshots of old web pages as well as audio, video, and text archives. It's amazing what you can find on here. And it's now considered a library.

4) Gethuman. This is a website that can be very helpful in actually getting a warm body on the phone when calling a telephone help line. It has a compilation of major companies help lines and how to actually get to a person instead of jumping through all the hoops that are placed in our way.

Well, gotta run for now. I'll be posting again soon. :)

-Wookie Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home