Sunday, October 07, 2007


Thing 5:





Canfield, Ohio library - front, originally uploaded by theskokieten.


Well this is the front of the Canfield, Ohio library. The pic doesn't do justice to how small the thing is.

It's a good library though. :) It helped me get through many a boring summer during my teen years. Just so you know, I have family in Canfield, which is why I go there.


Believe you me, I prefer Photobucket to Flickr any day of the week, mainly due to the fact that a good amount of websites I use take it and not Flickr.



Thing Six:

Well I went on del.icio.us and posted one of my favorite websites: Snopes ! Snopes has been a great help to me when family and friends try and spread the latest and greatest Urban Legend. I just run it though Snopes' search tool and as they said on the Sopranos "Bada-boom Bada-bing". Just one warning, though. Every so often some form of urban legend with a really gross or disturbing picture turns up. Snopes marks it with something to the effect of "Warning! Graphic content!", but it can occasionally be easy to miss.

Thing Seven:

I prefer not to use my blog to keep track of my podcasts. Since I'm a Mac user, I use ITunes to do what's described in Thing Seven.

Ironically, I've been listing to Podcasts since at least 2003. Some of the Podcasts I really enjoy are Hometown Tales (Because every town has one), Off The Hook (which is a radio show from WBAI in New York in Podcast form), and WebbAlert (This is a great tech roundup, plus Morgan Webb's wit is just dead on). In terms of library useage, I can see how it has a place for disseminating information, especially to patrons that would otherwise not be served or would normally have little interest in library goings on.


Thing Eight:

Ok, I've made an entry or two on the 10 things wiki. Please excuse my goofiness over there, I can't help it.

Wikis are yet another thing I've had experience with. I'm already on Wikipedia under the username "Twycross", and have done some editing on the "Battletech" article. I'm also on the Battletech Wiki (again under Twycross). From using both wikis I've noticed that the Battletech wiki is more cohesive and less fractious than Wikipedia. There are fewer flame wars and less defacement of articles. I guess that could be considered a definition of "irony" - a wiki about a wargame being peaceful.

1 Comments:

Blogger rich said...

nice post! i'm interested in hearing more about the benefits of photobucket over flickr.

btw, do you know if there are any mac user groups or clubs in the area?

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home